What are gay youth facing as they return to school. A New Hampshire teacher posed the question that has been on her mind for many years.
We take a look at what awaits gay youth in the classroom:
- The emotions of the night before day one.
- Learning to hide and the ensuing damage.
- The moment of discovery...when a parent realizes a child is gay.
- Making friends and socializing and dating, very cautiously.
- Overcoming direct and subtle attacks on self-esteem.
- What is minority stress and stress on steroids?